Sunday, November 25, 2012

36 weeks!! -- 6 days to FULL TERM!!

I'm just over 36 weeks. 37 weeks is considered "full term" for twins. The last couple weeks I wondered if I'd make it to this week, now I'm praying I make it to Saturday. From there, I'm sure Ill be doing a lot more wishing. After a long couple discussions with my OB and the twins doctor, we have decided to get me to the 37 week mark and then we will just wait and see what happens. For the health of the babies they will induce me if I have made it to 38.5 weeks with no labor signs. I kind of hope I can get to at least 38 weeks, just because I'm not totally thrilled about the inducing part of it. Both babies are head down, so there is no need for a c-section. Can't wait for my first crotch shot after those babies come plowing out... it will look like leftovers :(
How do I feel?
Really, and truthfully I feel really good. I am not anxious to not be pregnant anymore or miserable or anything like that. I feel pressure now, it feels like someone put a bag of heavy marbles in my bladder and I'm being forced to carry them around.  Its not painful really, more annoying. And if I wasn't so close to delivering I may not even think about it-- but because labor signs are always on my mind, its hard to not think about the way that feels.
Labor Signs?
I have been having contractions, although not a ton, maybe 5 a day and they come and release quickly without pain or anything. Just a tightness that subsides.  I am dialated to 3cm and effaced 75%. Because I'm being monitored for contractions during my NST tests three times a week- they are sure that the dialation must be coming from the heaviness of the babies and less from the contractions.  Something I learned is that dialation and effacement dont necessarily mean labor is coming quick- it is more just a sign of my body prepping for labor. So, with that, I say "PREP AWAY!!!!" the less I have to dialate before delivery the better.  I am still going to the gym as many days a week as I can, I feel like it keeps my endurance up, and has definately helped with carrying this heavy load thruout pregnancy.
Anxious, Excited, Nervous?
I am SO excited to meet my babies!! I'm so excited to hear "its a ____!!!" -- and now I couldnt be even more happy I waited to find out the genders of my babies.
I am a little nervous and anxious to just be a new mom of not only 1 but 2 babies-- there are certainly perks to not knowing the difference and being able to only focus on them, but I do wish I had a little insight on what to expect.  I am thankful for my several girlfriends that have twins already to help me.
What's left on the checklist?
Not a whole lot left to check off. I have cleaners coming to tomorrow to scrub my house. We are putting the monitors up tonight, and that completes the babies room. We did a huge Sams Club shop. We have all our gear put together. We are registered at the hospital and have our birth plan. Have all the doctors ready for our call. Adam and I are just enjoying some "us" time before the big day!! I have a hair appt and nail appt next week-- probably my last for a long while. 
Funny enough, we still havent nailed down all 3 name combo's-- guess thats a big one!! HAHA

All in all, I am really in a great place. I've had an awesome pregnancy, praise God-- he's helped me thru the whole process, and we have two healthy babies ready to be here very soon!
Prayers for another week or two left before they arrive.

~~ Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment