Sunday, October 28, 2012

32 weeks! ... apparently this is a milestone

I'm officially over the 32 week mark by a shade. What can I say about it?... Well, I guess I can be thankful that I still feel awesome for the most part. My belly is huge!! I would even say that huge is an understatement. I swear my belly grows straight out by the second. I have no idea how my stomach muscles are even supporting it. I still am getting to the gym every morning, although I'm taking much longer to get it all done as I move at an incredibly slow pace.  The babies are moving constantly!! It seems like they are taking turns. One day twin B is break dancing all day and the next, twin A is doing summersalts and back flips. Thankfully they are both still head down, so my hopes for NO c-section could be a reality.
Monday we went in for our hospital tour. That was really fun. We got to see the normal labor and delivery rooms, nursery, OR room for c-sec, NICU, and the areas that guests and family can stay. The hospital we will deliver at is called Riverside Methodist. Apparently they had a maternity/L&D reality show filmed there a couple years ago. Its a pretty awesome hospital, #1 in the state for labor and delivery. I do feel really safe there. Only thing I wish I could change about my delivery would be that I would be able to labor and deliver in a normal birthing room rather than an OR room.  No matter the delivery method I have, I will have to be in an OR, just in case of an emergency C-sec.  Its ok, I can deal with a cold sterile room for the health of the twins.
We had our normal weekly doctor appt on Thursday. We got some EXCITING news!!
Induction is on the books and scheduled for Dec.12th !!
If the babies decide to come sooner, the doctor said she hopes they chose to come after Thanksgiving so that they are almost full term. But on the 12th, we will be 2 days away from 39 weeks and ready to get them outta this belly!! I am pretty convinced they wont come on their own. They love it in my big warm belly and have no plans of moving out.  I kind of like having a date to look forward to. 12/12 is a cool birthay. I would never have dreamed my delivery would fall on that day. Very cool!!
Saturday we had another baby prep class. This class was targeted towards dads, but was informative for me too. The class was called Baby Basics. It taught diaper changing, cord care, circumsition care, swaddling, feeding, sleeping, bathing... on and on. Great class, and I know Adam learned alot.
I am still working on getting all the necessities for the twins arrival. I think I have it all, but I think of some random things while I lay usually not sleeping and thinking.
I just finished reading a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins and it has me wondering how this whole breast feeding thing is going to go down. I hope its not rocket science. Back up, Ill pump and supplement with formula. I dont know how some women make so much milk they can freeze it!! WARRIORS!
Look at this badass mama... breastfeeding while holding a machette!! I wonder if she could be my lactation consultant?

What else?? Holidays are coming up! So excited for that. The weather has been PERFECT Fall weather. I love it so much!!!!
Speaking of, my maternity pictures turned out great. I had them done in this gorgeous metro park by our house. The leaves were all different colors and the setting couldnt have been better for the look I wanted. I get the disk next week so I can put a few pictures up.

Tomorrow we have our 1st of 6 anatomy scans at the hospital. I cant wait to see my little peanuts!!
~~Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment