Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I LOVE surprises-- and dammit we're gonna get a couple good ones so help me!

My husband Adam and I usually agree on most things- although picking names for our future children is challenging to say the least. Honestly though I was surprised when Adam agreed with me on keeping the genders a surprise. I really thought I'd have to pick a fight or threaten him with something unrealistic. Keeping the genders a surprise I believe it's not only logical, but valid is: Why?! Why must you know now?! What is it going to change? How much you love the baby? I don't think so. AND what about this awesome thing called "the element of surprise"?! How often in this day & age do we get surprised? And I don't mean walking in on your married boss with his male assistant surprised. I mean really surprised in a GOOD way. I still remember when Adam proposed, BEST SURPRISE OF MY LIFE! Why would I have wanted to know that? Same deal with the little chickens -- I want and long to hear "it's a boy or girl!!!" and I'm thrilled Adam is gonna be there in that moment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment