Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ALMOST THERE!!....

12 weeks this Saturday!! Can you believe, I made it without turning inside out and tapping out.
Friday we have our Ultra Screen prenatal testing. It's where they test with more exact results for Downs and the Trisomy defects. It's elective, but I really want to see the babies and make sure all is okay. I find it is an excuse to get another glimpse of them in higher definition.  This appointment is also when I meet my high risk team. We are going to start having all of our appointments at Riverside hospital with the Maternal-Fetal medicine team. I feel VERY lucky to be in one of the best states for medicine and healthcare. This hospital is ranked a level 3 hospital for Maternity/Obstetrics-NICU. Hospitals are ranked 1-4, level 4 would be awesome!!! I believe I'd have to go to Cleveland Clinic for that though- too far!

I am definitely OUT OF THE WEEDS with sickness. I swear I NEVER thought that would go away. Day in and day out of waking and falling asleep in dire straights is no way to live. Finally I have an appetite, I can look at vegetables and fruit, and touch meat. Yes, I can actually bear the site of meat. Another thing I thought I'd never be able to look at, eat or touch.
Along with being over the sickness, my hippo ass has soaked up lots of lovely foods with a death grip and played right along with gaining some preggo weight. Its a good time trying to shimmy into my clothes.  I know that its VERY important to gain weight in the first trimester with twins-- my doctor was so persistent with this because she's seen SO many preterm births due to low weight of the mother. I DO NOT WANT THAT!!! I gotta get to 35 weeks at least, 38 would be perfect! I have really only gained about 8lbs, but it feels like 45.
My goal was 10lbs this trimester, so I feel pretty good about my achievement. I have been making it to the gym everyday to hike my tail up the stairs or walk. I am determined to have a natural birth, none of this c-section business, so the more I can stay in shape the easier it will be to launch these babes out when it comes time.

I am SO lucky to have such amazing friends coaching me thru this process, I swear I belly laugh till it hurts everyday talking to my girlfriends. I wish I could have a whole posse of friends in the delivery room with me to keep me laughing as much as I am now. I mostly love how honest we can be about the most raw of subjects(like mucus plugs and slime)-- my kinda girl talk.

I can't wait to get our newest pictures on Friday. Ill post them. I also think I'll probably buck up and post on Facebook our baby news. I've been holding off, because its been such fun keeping this special time for Adam and I a fun moment for just us and our best friends, but I do feel like its important to have lots of prayers from all our friends and family near and far !!

I did buy my first Baby thing this week-- wait for it.... A BREAST PUMP!
No, not just any breast pump, the Rolls Royce of Breast Pumps.  I swear I'm so excited to get this thing up and running. It's a double pump, so you can strap two bottles on to your boobies at once. Then you strap them in and belt the machine to your waist so you can DO ANYTHING-- I could go walk the dog and be squirting milk into bottles. INCREDIBLE!!! This is what my life has come to... excitement over being a milk maid.

Its called the Madella Freestyle:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3214492&CAWELAID=236746419

And for all those wondering... We are still NOT finding out the genders :)
Yes, we are that bold, tough and strong!!  :)

~~ Jaime






No comments:

Post a Comment