Sunday, August 19, 2012

22 Weeks

How far along? 22 weeks ( 5 1/2 months)
Total weight gain: 24bs  UGHHHHHH!! I feel like a Silverback Gorilla
Maternity clothes? I have bent over for maternity shirts- the side elastic is heavenly. I really have no choice now. Normal tanks and tees ride up my belly so far I look like a washed up obese 8th grader. Pants and Shorts ill still okay in large sizes-- like size 12-14 Junior or size 33 pants. I wonder if it would be less damaging on my brain to just get maternity pants in size medium, hmmmm.
Stretch marks? Proudly-- NOPE... my exfoliating and layering system of oil and creamy marinade twice a day is so far working( i dont even rub it in...soak it up hyde, soak it up!)
Skin, Hair & Nails: I think because i've taken pre-natal vitamins for years i havent had any amazing new advances in the hair and nail dept. I hear all your hair falls out after you have the baby-- LOVELY! I cant wait to add a scarf to my post-baby "robe and slippers" look.
Sleep: I HATE NIGHT TIME... eeeee :( I literally toss and turn like a kabob. I hate it. I can't get comfy. My hips hurt SO bad it wakes me up. I get charlie horses in my legs. I'm a mess when it comes to sleeping. The doctor told me it is because I havent had kids yet and my hips arent stretched-- so now, double time they are expanding like earth movers.
Best moment this week: Seeing the babies move when I look at my belly. I have felt them for a few weeks now, but seeing it adds a whole new element. Getting their room almost complete is pretty awesome too!
Miss anything? Sitting up without getting a rocking start, shaving my legs with ease, tieing my shoes, working out like normal( i'm not complaining-- i still get to the gym daily, thank heavens!) eating food without getting indigestion, being able to pee without leaning forward, sleeping soundly, my complexion, my laser hair removal(WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY, hormones brought it all back)
Movement: TONS!! kung foo panda babies coming right up. Feels like kicking, punching, thumping, tapping, summersalts. All over too-- from my ribs to my crotch.
Food cravings: greek yogurt, toast, peanut butter, protein shakes, grapes, bananas
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really anymore--the smell of eggs cooking sometimes makes me gag. I'm overall just sensitive to smell-- stinky anything makes me want to punch someone.
Gender:  we could know, but, NO WAY!! surprise is on its way. I think it may be boy/boy. I dont see any way it could be girl/girl.
Labor signs: I do get some cramping still. Dr. Gaiser said it could be the onset of Braxton Hicks... I'm monitoring but so far I feel great.
Symptoms: lately i've felt more sensitive, a little weepy, definitely uncomfortable and that leads to me getting a little worn out and cranky. I have been trying SO hard to keep my good humor. LAUGHING helps a lot!
Belly button in or out? I'd call it straight up FLAT... its on the verge of popping.
Can you see your toes? barely!
Happy or moody most of the time: depends on the moment-- overall really happy
Looking forward to: My babyshowers coming up!! Arizona Shower: Sept. 9th and  Ohio Shower: Oct. 6th.  YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. You need to let us know exactly when you are in town, and if you have a free minute to visit the old hood to see Mandy and me. I would happily drive Mandy to you, but she is now on full bed rest and only allowed out to go to the Doctor. We were in the hospital yesterday as she was having severe pains on her right side, not contractions. They are watching as it may be her appendix. GREAT! One more issue to deal with. Reagan has been sick with a fever and throwing up, so he is staying with us for now. She can't afford to get an infection, or be throwing up. Hope he gets better soon. Anyway, love reading your blog! Sound like you are doing just great!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete