Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We made it-- HALFWAY MARK!! 20 weeks

HELLO 20 weeks!!!

I can't even believe I'm half way done. I can say, while doing a leprochan kick and air fist pumping, that I am THRILLED to be out of the 1st trimester and begining portion of the pregnancy's woods. Holy mother of cheese cake that was no fun, no fun at all! Now, I'm feeling just super-- honestly I am. Of course I'll fill you in on the dirty and cheap shots that are still very much around to taunt me, but overall, we are 90% smiles most of the time.

What I don't miss..
1.  Barfing my brains out
2.  Nausea triggers(Kitchen, Grocery Store, Smelling anything, being alive in general) 24/7
3.  THE BLOAT-- I looked like a microwaved marshmallow every living moment
4.  Being so thirsty I could drain a pool- chlorine and all
5.  Insomnia- I felt like a tweeker
6.  Wearing that stupid Belly Band-- great invention, but wearing another layer in summer can suck an egg
7.  The fear of something going massively wrong with the pregnancy

I can say I was never really tired. I know this is a common complaint for most women, but I really never felt exhausted. I just had every other symptom in the book plus a few "happens to 1% of women" symptoms. 

Now, I'm huge-- let's start there. I'm not kidding for those that are saying "oh ya right Jaime, you're probably still small and just feel large" NOPE-- definitely large. I still refuse to buy maternity clothes. I can't, they are so discustingly ugly I just can't spend my money on them. So, instead I'm into XL and XXL and not afraid to wear leggings with anything that allows it.

I don't really feel big anywhere but my belly and its not just a little ball belly, its the entire torso belly. The babies are in their designated positions, left and right, and about the size of a Banana. Yes, the fruit-- so silly, but does give you a good visual. I swear my babies are more like Plantains, because I can feel them moving in my crotch and under my rib cage at the same time.

The babies look awesome though, 10oz, and 12oz already. Their heartbeats are 167 and 132. They still give me the open ended ... looks identical, but maybe could be fraternal. I guess it doesnt really matter. They both have their own sac and placenta so that is perfect.

I have gained 18 pounds total so far, but I do feel like a truck. I have gone to the gym pretty much everyday since I found out I was pregnant. It was MUCH harder during the first trimester, now its pretty easy. I just look a little more awkward crawling onto the machines and waddling around in my spandex with my muffin top screaming "look out- wide load coming through."  The gym is definitely my saving grace, so I'll keep that up until I'm ready to burst.

I have ordered everything for the nursery, crib, bedding, furniture, etc. I'm so excited for it to arrive.

We went to Florida for Adam's little sister, Lauren's wedding. It was a great time. I was hotter than a Texas Whore House, but it was a really fun time spent with family and seeing Lauren and Scottie so happy. Ill post some pics.

We are headed to see my parents in Colorado next week, and then going to Arizona for my first baby shower in September. LOTS OF VACATION this summer!! After Arizona we will settle down, and have one more shower up north with our East Coast family.

All in all, we are doing fabulous. Enjoying the comedy of pregnancy and doing lots of laughing.

To kick off the guessing of the genders... I am staying BOY BOY!!


~~ Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment