Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19th.. one day to go, drumroll !!

So technically tomorrow, April 20th, is my "big reveal" per Dr. Nemiro's orders. Of course I couldn't wait that long, but I will test tomorrow. I also have my second blood test tomorrow @ 1pm. I'd imagine those results will be to me my afternoon?! I'll definitely have more of that "oh my gosh I'm pregnant" upon my stick test in morning though.

Already I'm so conscious of my eating and habits. I feel like I'm constantly trying to keep my lifestyle as healthy as possible--I have no excuse really, actually, no one does.  Being conscious of your health can be a blessing and a curse when it comes to pregnancy I'm finding. Blessing because I already eat clean as a whistle, don't drink or smoke, and eat primarily loads of vegetables with the occasional eggs, fish, a little chicken. I don't eat candy or cookies or junk, and as a bonus, I'm Celiac-- so no starches for me pretty much. Okay, so you can probably guess where the curse comes in-- my diet is so strict and limited that I am searching endlessly on what is crucial for a baby's development to MAKE SURE I have it my grocery cart. I should have a points card at Whole Foods(aka: whole paycheck) I'm there so much-- I know it's not necessary, but I cringe at the thoughts of bugs and hormones in my food and I find they have the biggest selection of clean eats.  Can you feel my stress level rising??

As far as the gym goes-- I've already had a long long talk with my Doctor on what is awesome and what's not preferred for my workouts. I'm loving the fact that I can stick with my normal routine, just not increase the load. So we'll see how long this little bugger lets me have my play time.

I'm definitely accepting of a big ol' belly and weight gain, BUT I wont be tolerating a big chunky bootie, saddlebags, wings, muffintops, and tree trunks for legs--- HECK NO!!  I don't mean to be judgmental, because pregnancy is so beautiful, I really do mean that, but I've seen some recent celebs(Jessica Simpson among others) that literally could have a basket tied to her ankles and shot up in the sky to be mistaken for a hot air balloon. That wont be me, I'll be damned.

And, any of my girlfriends reading this-- I give you permission to tell me I look like a snowman and make my emotional fat ass cry when the day comes that Im reaching for my 30th helping of whatever bag my fat hand is shoved into. Got it! That's gotta be in friendship code somewhere.

Today I'm 4 weeks pregnant, and I weigh 140lbs and I can still button my pants. When do I get to buy a belly band? I needed one like 6months ago. HAHA!

~~ Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment