Monday, April 23, 2012

Telling family and friends- starting week 5

This morning I received the result of Friday's HCG blood test. The number came back at 832. So a little more than doubled, thats perfect news! They wanted it to nearly double in 48 hours, so we are right in line.
Friday I spent the day calling family and friends. My mom and dad were OVER THE MOON!  Mom said she's been just crying tears of joy and Dad has called all the family to share the news. Adam called his family and screams of joy were heard the same. It's such a fun feeling to have so many people excited for us. They all know the patience and strength we've had to have over the last 3 years trying to conceive this little baby. Now the fun can begin.

I found this great checklist to keep up with all the progress... it will be nice to fill in and not forget anything important.


How far along? Starting my 5th week
Total weight gain: no weight gain thus far. Pre pregnancy weight 140.
Maternity clothes? No maternity clotes yet, but I do feel things are little more snug- especially my workout pants-- nothing like spandex being snug, barf!
Stretch marks? No thank you, lets keep it that way
Skin, Hair & Nails: My nails have been growing like crazy, my hair seems to be a little less lively which is kind of a drag. Guess it's time for volumizing shampoo :)
Sleep: Sleeping is hit or miss. I either sleep just "ok" or can't sleep at all.
Best moment this week: Getting my second blood test score!! 832!!
Miss anything? Caffeine, Caffeine, Caffeine
Movement: nope, nothing yet. Maybe some cramping
Food cravings: I'm going to say no, but I am loving dairy!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really, I had a little bout of queasiness after eating meat one night before I was confirmed pregnant, but otherwise Im ok for now
Gender: It's far too early, but I'm leaning towards keeping that a surprise
Labor signs: No way!
Symptoms: cramps, dizzy when I stand up too fast. Off and on loss of appetite.
Belly button in or out? In for now! 
Can you see your toes? Yes!
Happy or moody most of the time: Ive been pretty moody- poor adam, and weepy! But mostly extremely HAPPY!!!!!
Looking forward to: The first ultrasound!!!! May 19th. 
Here is some pictures I have so far:



No comments:

Post a Comment