Monday, May 14, 2012

Near Death cured by LEMONADE!!!!

I found the holy grail for the first trimester... LEMONS!! I have been SICK AS A DOG! Clearly jinxed myself with all my "i feel super" talk. This last week, starting Monday, I have been just so nauseous that I could die. It's the worst feeling, I get so so hungry, but can't figure out what I want to eat because everything sounds disgusting. I finally pick something, let's say yogurt, and 5 bites in I am sprinting to the bathroom to battle the bowl. I am miSERABle! I went everyday last week like this... and it's not morning sickness, its all the damn day sickness. Seriously why baby, why are you doing this to me!
Mid-week I ran into a lady at my gym- yes, I have still been good about going. It actually distracts my mind and gets me out of the house where the food lurks--aka: enemy. Anyways, I ran into this lady, she was 7 months pregnant and I just struck up convo by asking her about her due date etc. I told her I had been on my death bed and she told me to start chewing peppermint gum. "REALLY??!!" I said. I drove straight to the store to buy the whole shelf of Orbitz. Hallelujah!! It totally calmed my stomach that day-- I was in heaven. Well, that present from my gym Angel tapered off. By Friday I was a miserable SOB again. We had to go spend the weekend in Akron for Mother's Day-- I was excited to see the family, but honestly DREADING the trip and the weekend. I am just a sick puppy that would like to cry and talk to God about why I can't get a break from this torture rather than play "happy expectant mommy that feels super duper". Well, we went, I was a real peachy peach. Adam was such a good sport with me, even though I'm sure he wanted to lock me in the closet and block me out, either that or just open the car door and push me out.  He really was so sweet and did all he could to get us through the weekend.
Getting home last night I was a GROUCH !!!!!!! I hadn't slept, I was starved, my stomach hurt, I wanted to hurl and I felt like a fat disgusting piece of road kill.
I went and picked up Pei Wei for dinner-- thinking "quick and easy"... WRONG. Guess Pei Wei is a hot spot for Mother's Day. I sat, trembling with tears welling for 30 minutes. I almost drove my keys thru the poor kid checking me outs eyeballs when he told me they were a little backed up. HORMONE HELEN... on the rise!
Finally got my food, sped home in tears, wolfed it down like a hungry bear cub and went straight to bed. Get me to dream land-- reality hasn't been treating me so well.
Alright so my grand finale to this lovely weekend... my discovery of the LEMON.
I have been googling, death by morning sickness for a week now. I'm certain that someone has died from this. I haven't found any evidence, but maybe they are keeping it under wraps so no one gets scared.
While searching again last night, I came across a blog in which a lady wrote about the effects of lemonade on morning sickness and how it curbs it.
DAMN STRAIGHT I was in the grocery again, searching for my next hopeful treasure. I yanked out the blender and made THE BEST LEMONADE in the universe. And what do you know.... BLISS.... TUMMY BLISSSSSSS.... I love you Lemon. You and I can be buddies for life-- don't make me break up with you... lets keep this romance alive until this first trimester passes. GOT IT!?

~~ Jaime & Monster Baby "Freddy C"




No comments:

Post a Comment