Saturday, May 19, 2012

You better NOT pout, You better NOT cry... The Keel twins are coming to town!

THE ULTRASOUND IS IN... HOT OFF THE PRESS...!
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!! TWINSIES!! Comin' at us 12-22-12.

Okay pick up your jaw, and get back on your chair. It took me 24hours to grasp this, so I understand if you are either laughing uncontrollably, or re-reading this a couple times.
Let's start from the beginning. Thursday night, I was so anxious and nervous for our appointment the next morning that I could barely even sleep. I tossed and turned all night. My head was racing-- is the baby ok, is it's heartbeat ok, what will they do, test me for, what do I expect!!!!
Morning has come. I ate some breakfast-- got sick immediately afterward, SHOCKER! We got dressed and ready, and Adam and I were off. Dr. Gaiser is our OB. Her office is literally right across the street from us. It's SO fantastic!
We got in and waited, I sat and tapped my foot a million times a minute and Adam seemed pretty chill- also not a shocker.
They took me back, and weighed my rotund bum-- that was my favorite part by the way, and sent me to our room. I changed into my paper blanket. Since this is an early ultrasound they have to do everything vaginally. I really dont love that word- but it describes the procedure nicely. It's basically a wand the size of your forearm that they ram, ever so gently into your Queen Victoria.
Dr. Gaiser came in and answered ALL my questions-- SHE ROCKS!!!
I learned that I can still exercise and not be such a sissy about it either.
I learned I can drink SOME caffeine!! HELLO nurse!
I learned I can take 25mg of Unisom so this mama can get some shot eye
I learned I can take B6 to help curb some of this Exorcist style Flu
And I learned that all my symptoms are normal and hopefully will go away SOON!

Then we get to the ultrasound...
"okay go ahead and lay back, so I can jam this rod in there and see the goods"
The screen lit up and we were seeing lots of black, and then MY BABY!!!!!!!
My baby... and then... My baby had a friend--- Holy CRAP! Is that a second baby???
"Oh my gosh! Jaime, you have twins-- two babies!!" That was when I lost my marbles and started crying like a total fool. Adam was as white as a ghost and still not sure what he was looking at. I pulled it together to look again--- and the best moment of my life was on the screen. Two little babies and two of the strongest heartbeats I have ever laid eyes on. Round TWO of tears. I was just in heaven! I was so overjoyed and so scared and SO HAPPY!!! Dr. Gaiser said the babies look BEAUTIFUL, and perfect and so healthy!
They appear to be identical. I only had one egg this cycle, and by the ultra sound, they can see that the top of the two sacs is open and joined, so its leaning towards identical. We wont know for sure until they are born.
The top baby is measuring 3 days older than the lower baby-- she felt that the top baby was the initial embryo and the second baby took off shortly after.
Our Due Date is 12-22-12. I may go earlier. They wont let me go longer than 36 weeks, but the likelyhood of going around 32 weeks could be.

FIRST ULTRA SOUND
Identical Twins-- Baby A and Baby B
Due 12-22-12


Are you still on the floor? Ill join you.

The Lord answers prayers in the the most AMAZING ways!!! Thank you to God for this double blessing. We are thrilled. And TERRIFIED!!!
Bring on the diapers!!


Next ultrasound is in 4 weeks!
~~Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment