Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome to your new second home-- The Doctor's Office

Monday, April 30th, was my first scheduled appointment. This was not the first ultra sound, but it was the first time I'd go see the office, meet the staff and do all my blood work.
The office wasn't too far from the house, but to my surprise, is actually INSIDE the hospital. I have never been to an office that was inside a hospital before. It felt really professional and serious. LOL!
The staff was all great. I did ask for a urine pregnancy test. If you recall my last post, I've been really stressed out about knowing all is still in there and "ok." It came back POSITIVE-- happy dance!
So onward we went to a room where we reviewed ALL of my medical history-- A LOT! We reviewed insurance, and payments going forward, and I got my big booklet of pregnancy questions and what to expect. Then I did my blood draw-- by the way they took enough for a transfusion, so hopefully they used the leftover to save a life.
I felt much better after leaving the office. I still worry. Coming from all that I have, I just want to get through the worry road. I have booked a trip to New Jersey for my sister's Bridal shower and Bachelorette party, and I can't make it. They said that with my progesterone being low, that my risk of miscarriage is too high to chance being away from home and my doctor.  I am upset, not so much for me, but I'm just feeling guilty because I want to be there for Lauren. I know if anything happened I'd absolutely never forgive myself and always wonder. So, putting myself in that chance is not an option. Bummer :(

Aside from the worry and change of plans, believe it or not, I am still full of love and happiness and definitely do not go one minute without thinking about my little baby inside.

May 18th... next appointment... FIRST ULTRASOUND!

~~ Jaime



No comments:

Post a Comment